Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 38

It's July 29th and flurries are falling down around us. I'm not kidding. Last week, the temperature was in the 90's. Obviously we didn't expect a cold front to come in but for me it's welcomed.

Last night was our first night as a family. We showed the girls around, had dinner, watched a movie (as much as young kids can watch a movie on the first night in a new place), and had bath. Jennifer gave the girls their bath together and they loved it! I think it was the first time they were able to play in the tub and Sarah enjoyed laying down in the tub, turning this way and that. They both smelled so much better afterward. Going to bed was a challenge. For Sarah, it was a matter of convincing her. For Kaitlyn, she needed to be comforted. She spent an hour in our bed and
moved the whole time, though she also yawned. I asked her if she wanted to be with Sarah and she said yes. I think she ended up rocking herself to sleep. I wish we had a rocker. But I'm guess by the way we found her in the morning.

Meal times are not that hard except for keeping everyone at the table until we are finished. They both like cold cereal and of course juice. Later we went to get Sarah more shoes as her were too small. After lunch, the girls had well needed naps. Then it was an afternoon of play. We finally got the passports, birth certicates, and court decree! At 8pm, our taxi will come and then it's off to the train station! We leave a 8:53pm and arrive some time in the morning.

I'm assuming that I'll have internet access but if I don't, it means I can't figure out the Russian interface at the hotel. Either way, we fly out on August 1st and we will be getting the girls VISAs within the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Melissa Moss said...

Congratulations on your first night with your girls. It sounds somewhat eventful but fun. I pray that the girls settle in and feel more comfortable to go to sleep with no issues. It seems things are going fairly well though. I will keep your whole family in my prayers during the next leg in your journey. Good luck!