Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 13

We awoke early to get started, enjoyed some coffee Americana - that was delicious, and eventually checked out. We went to submit the formal documentation to adopt Victoria and Angelina. By the way, we are keeping their first names as their middle names. Victoria will be Sarah Victoria (Victorious Princess) and Angelina will be Kaitlyn Angelina (Pure Angel). The notaries here are equal to lawyers back home; or at least junior lawyers. We got the papers, which go to the social works in each city (Kramatorsk/Slovansk) and the SDA in Kiev.

We are staying at our facilitators apartment in Kramatorsk, which is only 10 minutes walking distance to Angelina's orphanage. We spent some time there. Her teachers tell us that she asks for us and before she met us, she asked when her Papa and Mama will come. She still doesn't understand that we can't leave. After a while, she kept leading us to the outer gate of the orphanage. We got to play with her in the yard and we began to bond well. I missed my girls. I wish I could see Victoria as much as I see Angelina. I will keep learning more Russian as I can. For now, I know enough to sustain them. But when we get back to the States, Victoria will eventually start Kindergarten. Angelina will be in a short of preschool stage at home - fun learning stuff. Within 3 months, they should be able to easily understand. Within 6 months, they will be able to conversate. Within a year, they will have forgotten much of the orphanage and Russian.

No comments: