Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 23

This morning we went to visit Gela. We had a great time and spent a few minutes with the director, where we gave our donation. We flew paper airplanes, colored, played around, kicked the ball a bit, and had fun together in the hot sun. We also learned that she has 18 care givers, including 1 doctor, some primary care givers and some assistants. So... to show our gratitude, we will give a gift the the doctor and the director. And when the day comes to take Gela, we will have a party for the teachers and for her class. I can't wait! After her nap, we went to visit Vicka at her orphanage. We had a rough start but we smoothed things out and by halfway through the visit, we were already becoming more attached (bonding actually comes later). I love it when she calls me Papa and Jenn Mama; plus she sees the boys as her brothers. For a good part of the visit, I carried her in my arms and so she could reach the tree branches and shake them, causing the freshly fallen rain to come down and cool us off. Then she would use my bandana to wipe my face and hers. She was sad to see us go. She really wanted to come with us but we told her that someday soon, she will. She said that if we leave, she will cry. I responded that if she cries, so will I. I didn't hold back the tears when her eyes welled up. I also told her that she was pretty and boy you should have seen her face! It lit up like the 4th of July! Her Mama also told her that she bought her new shoes and new clothes, just for her. And she loved that idea. We promised that we will see her tomorrow after nap and she was okay with that. Tomorrow Jenn, Gela, Marsha, and one of the teachers are going to get Gela’s VISA photo taken. We also need to get Vicka’s done. Then we will head over to Slovansk to visit Sarah. The court hearing is still set for Thursday and Marsha hasn't been able to ask the high judge to waive the 10 day waiting period yet so keep praying.

No comments: