Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 28

Boy what a day! It's hot here in Kramatorsk and it's not much better in Slovansk either. We just got back from visiting Sarah. She is definitely adjusting to us and becoming more and more comfortable. I love to watch her water the trees that her class has planted. We also brought sliced apples for everyone. I try to change it up when I can. We also made sure that we had plenty of water guns too. I was able to get her to use a bit more English today. When it was time to say good bye, she asked if we were going to America. There was a misunderstanding and she thought that she wasn't going to America after all. My heart broke and I wiped away the tears. I told her in Russian that she is my daughter and that yes, she is going to America – with all of us. I carried in and found a teacher that knows some English and asked her to translate that in 8 days (when we bring clothes for her to wear) we will begin our journey to America. That cheered her up!

Both of our daughters tested us to see what they could get away with today. For Sarah, it was about sharing the bubbles with Noah. For Kaitlyn, it was a mini-trantrum when we showed that we must gather our things before we head inside to the play room. She loves being in a group and as you would expect, she is use to it. Kaitlyn loves to slide down the old painted tires. They are half way buried in the ground and make good climbing structures. She rotates through them all and likes to climb up them without the help of Papa; well, except for a couple where she asks for help. Both girls are rather independent but are beginning to trust that we are there for them. We know that in the near future, we will have much more comforting to do and we can't wait.

No comments: