Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 9

Yulia called us to let us know that the SDA is prepared to meet with us again tomorrow, at 2pm local (7am ET). They have been able to update their orphanage information and in fact, she spoke with a Kiev region orphanage director who says that they have the girls (health and age) that we are looking for!!! And on top of that, we wouldn't have to travel very far. I found a list of orphanages by oblast (state) in Ukraine.

This is so encouraging! But please continue to pray for us! I also went to the local market today (not the mall). I had thought about trying the sausage but they wanted 50-100 hryvnias, but $13 for a sausage is kinds of steep; though I bet it is similar to salami or pepperoni. I'm also getting better at picking out water without "gas". Carbonated water is more popular here. You should have seen the boys face when they tried carbonated water! We also learned why the flat is so nice. It belongs to the owner of the entire building. I dare say that she owns other buildings too. She stays here when she is in Kiev. So, that definitely explains the large screen TV, the new washer, and the nice furniture.

No comments: