Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 5

It's Friday morning and I hear that Michael Jackson died. I doubt it. I think he is faking his death and we will start seeing Michael Jackson sitings like we do for Elvis. Maybe MIB is right and he just went back to his home planet? I think we are over the jet lag - or at least most of it. It rained last night and that helped drown out the sounds of the city. I'd like to see the country side but I guess that will have to wait until next week. In Kiev, many of the women wear revealing clothing. At first we thought they were "street walkers" but then we realized that there were too many of them to be that. To some of these ladies, Jennifer dresses like a Mennonite. It's ironic to see them wear such low cut blouses and yet they where a cross necklace. Of course, we stick out. Also, it seems that you can drink in public here. There is a lot of drinking of alcohol. In the market (imagine it like a large Harris Teeter or Save Mart) there were four full isles of alcohol. No wonder that so many children suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome.

No comments: